Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Some Wednesday Hodgepodge

In the spirit of engineering and technology, I was planning on talking about the new computer system that I was about to assemble. Really, I wanted to talk about the performance and value of having a Crossfire system setup as opposed to having a single card as well as the AMD Athlon X2 6000+. I did a lot of research regarding the two video cards that I got for the Crossfire system-ATI X2600 XT, which are GDDR4 and should be compatible with Direct X10. From the research itself, I obtained a motley of information which did not satisfy me much even though it was leaning more towards the positive reviews. Still I really want to see for myself whether the FPS (frames per second) really are much better with a Crossfire setup.

All was going according to plan, at least until UPS ruined everything. Good ol' UPS screwed up my shipment so I will not be getting it until tomorrow; I'm not going to blame Newegg for this one since this is really UPS's fault even though Newegg did sell me a backordered item which made this whole process longer (they gave me a $10 coupon for next purchase) =]. So, I guess the discussion and pictures will have to come tomorrow or a few days after that.

Also, a friend of mine wanted to "know" how to build a computer. I put the quotation marks around the word know, because I think that building a computer will require more than a common know-how. Experience is much more preferred because it will help you make the right choices when choosing a processor, video cards, ram, etc. So before building a computer, one should probably have an idea of the differences between processors, video cards, and such. Luckily, this being a technological blog and all, I can discuss that in small details later on starting from processors and all the way to the proper casing. That would have to wait till later though.

Anyways, I promised some hodgepodge so without further ado...

-> Isiah Thomas is owing money to Browne Sanders...wow, I was very surprised (sarcastically). Really, did Isiah Thomas deserved what he got? I think so, but I think Browne Sanders wasn't very professional anyway. There's a saying, "It takes two to tango". No doubt it will apply to this situation.
Source: ESPN.com -Thomas says his mind 'never left basketball' during trial

-> I'm just gonna come out and say it: I want an iPhone for Christmas. I'm sure you all do too and with good reason. An iPhone is much more a phone, it's also a mini-computer that can connect to the internet and do a bunch of stuff. It really is a huge, huge, huge step up from my current smartphone. Although, one similarity is the ability to hack into the iPhone mainframe and install third-party programs (meaning non-Apple programs). Sadly, Steve Jobs decided to put a restriction to this because he felt that it may ruin ATT (that's loosely what he said). Well, a website seems to be dedicated to hacking the iPhone and with good results.
Source: iPhone Hacks.com

Peace, Love and Basketball,
Sean

Photo courtesy of: http://www.truthdig.com

No comments:

Roomie-Mania


        Want to be my roomie?