Friday, September 28, 2007

Facebook To The Rescue

In a world where social networks like Facebook and MySpace are becoming more and more popular, it's very easy get caught up in all the madness. I remember getting a Facebook account when I was a Freshman in college and I could remember a time when I depended on Facebook for news and information about my friends-seriously, phones and hanging out are way overrated. No, actually, I think that Facebook was a waste of time; however, I still use it for some reason =). The ever so useful Wikipedia reports that as of July 2007, Facebook has over 34-million users worldwide. With numbers like that, you should be able to find your friends or anyone easily right? Right.

Well, at least one person should be thanking Facebook. CNN reports that a victim of a hate-crime attack used Facebook to recognize the suspect.

After the attack, the victim started looking on Facebook to see if he could find the person who attacked him, according to Lt. Alberto Jova of the Metropolitan Police Department's Gay and Lesbian Liaison Unit.

When he found a profile of someone who looked like his attacker, police investigated, then created a photo spread of possible suspects. The victim picked Cooney's photo from the photo spread and Washington police worked with Georgetown University Public Safety officers to arrest him.

Source: CNN - Victim Uses Facebook To Finger Suspect
Well, if you ask me, that racist b#$tard should rot in jail. It makes you wonder how many friends he had on his list. This would not have been possible if it weren't for Facebook. Now, if only Facebook could give me back the one million hours that I wasted....

1 comment:

Robin said...

Nice site! You have really put some work into your blog!

Roomie-Mania


        Want to be my roomie?